Come see the Beyond Plastics Greater Seattle Booth this coming weekend (August 6th and 7th) at Magnolia Summerfest! Stop by and grab one a mug from the Magnolia Coffee Cup Lending Library before you pick up your morning espresso, Frappuccino or Boba Tea!
Grateful for the Ride
Finding ways to restore and sustain this beautiful planet of ours through grass roots and personal consumption efforts
Latest from the Blog
Though our viewing opportunity of “The Story of Plastic” is nearly over, we DID capture the recording of our follow-up Speaker’s Panel.
We heard from:
• Jenny Davies political science degree from Duke University (1981), an MD and an MPH from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (1990), and a JD in environmental law from Lewis & Clark Law School
• Dana Ripper wildlife ecologist based in central Missouri. She is the co-founder and executive director of the Missouri River Bird Observatory, a nonprofit dedicated to the conservation of birds, all wildlife, and their habitats.
• Ben Schleifer EDC Food Program Director – Center for Environmental Health
You can watch the recording of this VERY informative Speaker’s Panel here.
62 Requests to watch the Movie
55 Flyers handed out
15 Panel Attendees
I’m pooped! But so glad we did this.
21 Days to Form a Habit: Choices and Habits are Powerful Things…
UPDATE: 85% of our waste is plastic waste. Learned recently that the rate of recycling plastic is actually closer to 5-6%, not the formerly thought 9% statistic (that is already quite dismal).
- Airplane Cups
- Catharine Blaine K-8 Waste Audit
- Coffee Cups
- Colored Markers
- Cottage Cheese
- Deodorant: update!
- Goal accomplished: Only 20 gallons of plastic in 2019!!
- My mission
- Ovens and the “M” before the Rs: Maintain
- Pads. Period.
- Plants and soil
- Plastic Sandwich Bags
- Protein Powder: update!
- The Story of Plastic – Film Screening + Speaker’s Panel
- Toilet Paper – UPDATE
- Wenatchee Zero Waste
- Why refuse to use plastic anything?